Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Poinciana, The Flame of the Forest

No wonder this tree is also called Flamboyant (Delonix regia), as the bright scarlet petals become the whole canopy during the flowering season, drawing attention and amusement to anyone who passes this tree.

Beautiful and elegant, those were my first impression looking at this tree during my childhood time. Those days, every Sunday my mum and dad used to take me to the beach. That was my happiest moment during the olden days. We passed a pleasant road where Poinciana trees always shaded us from the hot tropical sun.

In the mid shiny day, the green leaves was so soothing to my eyes. In the cloudy day, the brilliant reddish blossom really cheered up the gloomy atmosphere. Would this be the reason why I’m getting more and more admiring this tree; or is it simply because of the pleasant memory aroused every time I see Poinciana flame.

The only thing I know is that anytime I see Poinciana, it does really make me very happy.
Poinciana

No comments: