Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ginger ice cream, cooling and warming

Temperature today is so hot! Spontaneously I just remember ginger flavored ice cream. So, I just write this essay, dedicated to my favorite things ^_^

Ice cream with ginger flavor might not be as popular as strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate one. I my self knew about this very late. At the very first time I tried, this ginger ice cream already made me addicted totally!

It was in Frosty Mango, a nice comfortable little stop-over in between Townsville and Cairns I found this ginger ice cream. We were on the way back from Orpheus Island to Townsville, and we dropped by there. From the name of the place, I thought they must be specializing in processing fresh mangoes for the ice cream since they have their own mango farm around the shop. Certainly you can get ice cream with mango flavor, but there are many more unique flavors such as coconut, lemon, jackfruit, longan, lychee, sapodilla, and ginger!

ice cream bar in Frosty Mango

So, I decided to try this ginger flavored ice cream. The color looked quite similar to vanilla ice cream. The taste was so great. I had the cooling sensation under the hot North Queensland climate, and at the same time I felt warm and comfortable in my throat. What a great ice cream!!!

Unfortunately, ice cream with ginger flavor was not so common. I can hardly find it in Stockland and any other ice cream stands. So, I had kept asking my friends who went for a field trip to Orpheus, to get me a box of ginger ice cream on the way back.

Until now, ginger flavor is still my best favorite choice of ice cream!... mmmm yummy...

1 comment:

diky suganda said...

ginger? boleh dicoba juga tuh. kontradiktif. dingin tp ngangetin badan.