Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dalian VS Qingdao

Just my opinion. Well, I like living in a sea side city, and it must be a relaxing and not a rushing one. So, that's why I choose Dalian to study Chinese language. I've done several trips visiting other places in several provinces in China (including Liaoning, Heilongjiang, Shandong, Henan, also Shanghai). Yesterday, I just got back from Qingdao in Shandong Province, visiting there for about 4 days.

From what I've seen, I think Qingdao is better than Dalian, the city is more modern and well-arranged, and of course beaches are much more beautiful than Dalian's. So, if you are into beach culture, you'll like Qingdao very much. Qingdao has more wide sandy beaches, so plenty choices of place on where to swim and do the sun bathing. (Still, can't be compared to the ones in Bali or Goldcoast thou).

However, eventhough beaches in Dalian are not as good as the ones in Qingdao, Dalian offers more places to visit, such as beautiful parks, seaview scenic spots, mountainous landscapes, hills, etc. Well, Qingdao doesn't have many mountains.

Having trip to Qingdao in the summer, I can say that the best thing is enjoying and relaxing yourself on the beach. Yet, I just recommend to stay there for 3 days 2 nights. Too short will be rushing, too long will be boring.

Probably due to that I've lived in Dalian for about 1 year, so I am more used to with Dalian's life. In addition, I guess Dalian is more dynamic with respect to all aspects (this also what I've heard at the 1st time when asking people about Dalian): fashion, different types of places to visit, Chinese Navy base camp, agriculture product, etc. While about Qingdao: beach, beach, and beach. I realise that I'm not supposed to compare nor to judge about Dalian and Qingdao as I just experienced Qingdao in such a short period of visit. Well, it's just my own opinion from the impression I had. Qingdao has prettier beaches than Dalian, but I like Dalian still*&^%*&^%* hehe :-)

No comments: