Saturday, July 21, 2007

Season for Peach and Peer

Yup, my aunty, uncle, and I went to the market today, to buy some fruit. Geeeee... "very cheap!!!" Yes, at least that's what they said regarding the price of fruits and vegetables in Dalian. Hey, that's not fair, of course it can't be compared to prices in Hongkong.

So, they bought any different kinds of fruit they noticed.

peaches and peersUpper (L to R): pear 1 (鸭梨), peach big (水蜜桃), pear 2 (香水梨)

Middle (L to R): peach medium (水蜜桃), apple pear (苹果梨), plum (李子)

Lower (L to R): peach small (水蜜桃), apricot (杏子)

My favorite is the big peach, mmm... the fruit flesh is so thick, sweet, and juicy. And yes, they do sell the peach here based on 3 different size with different prices.

Anyway, I can't find the particular english name of each pear, so i just label them with number. The apple pear has a taste and texture like an apple. We missed the banana pear... hmm I think we should buy some tomorrow ^-^

No comments: