Saturday, July 28, 2007

How Full Are You?

The Chinese proverb:

“早上吃得好,中午吃得饱,晚上吃得少”

Meaning: eat enough breakfast, allow to satisfy yourself for lunch, little portion for dinner.

However, in a particular condition, you are attending an all you can eat lunch or dinner. Another question arouse in my head, "When do I have to stop eating?"

Answer: When you feel already full but at the same time you still think that you can grab some more dessert into your mouth. This is the time to STOP eating! Satisfying your desire to continue to eat, then you'll feel overly saturated, consequently: low concentration, passive body movement; the worst thing, you want to sleep but you can not sleep.

Well, it did happen to me several time (as I can't resist an offer of a tasty tiramisu eventhough I've been so full, douchhh!!!). So, what I did was just to take a 15-20 slow walk, then have a cup of hot tea (no sugar at all!). To my experience, the most bitter hot tea has more comforting effect to my stomach. That's why, kuding cha (苦丁茶), the Chinese bitter tea, is one of my favorite!

No comments: