Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Stronger than Almond Essence, Deadly as Poison

Do you know if the seed of any peach has a very strong aroma of almond extract?

Break the shell of the seed, you'll see the white part inside. Break the white part. My friend, Tom, told me only to smell it, not to taste it! He said that It contains high concentration of cyanide, a very poisonous substance... Well, I tasted it (but of course didn't swallow it). True, it has very strong scent of an almond extract, even much stronger than almond itself.

I've tried to see whether any similar kind of fruit have that strong aromatic almond extract. My conclusion, plum and apricot do!

Aknowledging:Tom Osborne (my colleage at JCU)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Great article you got here. I'd like to read something more about this topic. Thanx for sharing that material.